Best Makeup Bags for All Your Beauty Essentials
Whether you’re a makeup minimalist and use only a concealer and brow gel most days, or a maximalist who enjoys an arsenal of beauty products every day, you need a good makeup bag to keep your products and accessories well-organized. A smaller canvas pouch is ideal for carrying it with you, a waterproof bag is great if you keep your makeup in the bathroom, while a large storage case is a must-have for makeup artists as well as enthusiasts with serious makeup collections.
Whether you’re looking for a small cosmetics bag for everyday essentials to stick inside your purse, or a large makeup case to fit all your beauty products, including perfumes, nail polishes and hair brushes, here are some of the best makeup bags currently on the market.
The Best Makeup Bag
How do I organize my makeup bags?
There are two types of makeup bags in our books. There is the makeup bag you take with you every day and the other one, where you store your extra special going out makeup (then there is your home makeup storage, but that’s for another article!). If you want to organize your day to day makeup bag, just try to be more selective and honest about what you might need for the day. There is no point bringing your Ruby Woo on a trip to Asda! Your day to day makeup bag should only have the essentials for retouching and not much else. Your extra special makeup bag on the other hand, this will probably be a bigger size as it will hold your selection of lipsicks, glitter shadows, bronzer and highlighters (and more if you’re anything like us!). Opt for a fancy makeup bag with a cool print or fabric and multiple compartments. Getting ready for a big night out should include all of the glamour you can possibly create, so go crazy! Also, if you like to buy lots of different brands and are hot on new launches get a bag that will be easy to access, there is nothing worse than having to rummage through a sack full of products when you are getting ready to hit the town.
What should I carry in my makeup bag?
Only you know what you really need for your makeup bag, but there are a few items that people often forget or don’t think of. Here is a quick-fire list that you might find useful:
- Wet wipes – no more foundation fingers, grab some of these for makup application on the go.
- Oil blotting pads – you know that shine you get mid-way through the day that is less of a sexy glisten and more of an oil spill? Oil blotting pads will sort that right out.
- Tweezers – There will always be that one hair you missed and only notice in the mirror of the work toilets.
- Handcream – You have a full face on, your hairs is layed to the gods and your nails are done. Don’t let dry hands and knuckles let you down.
- Lipbalm – lipstick goes on much better when your lips are moisturised and smooth. Also, if you don’t feel like reapplying the lipstick you ate during lunch, apply a smear of lip balm instead.
- Eyedrops – if you wear contacts or suffer from dry eyes, save your eyeliner from being rubbed off by applying a few drops of your favourite brand.
- A travel brush – You can buy brushes that are small enough to fit in your makeup bag. A brush can seriously save a style, especially if you are going from day to night without a trip home first.