Top 10 Blog Posts of 2016
Happy 2017, y’all! After nearly eight (!) years of blogging, I am still reinventing—and still surprised by what topics grab your attention. Just when I think you no longer care about makeup, a foundation recommendation goes wild. I was curious about what other posts rose to the top this year, partly as a way to plan and partly because who doesn’t love a good list?! Turns out, you still take baths (or really want to lose weight), are super curious about the latest treatments (the weirder the better), and eat as many avocados as I do. Last year, I made a resolution to get more personal with my posts—I wanted to push myself as a writer but also add more value to the blogosphere. And it worked. We got vulnerable together, opening our hearts and sharing our soft underbellies in conversations that I cherish more than you know. More of that, please! But first, the most popular posts on Beauty Bets last year:
1. The Best Makeup Brush Sets From Amazon. Because you still like a good deal.
2. How to Ripen an Avocado in 10 Minutes. Yep, it really works and I’ve done it on a many a Taco Tuesday.
3. Epsom Salt Bath. I take one at least once a week.
4. Sober October changed everything. Join me for January?
5. We Tried it: At-Home Micro-needling. Fast, cheap and you can do it in your pjs.
6. I Gained 10 Pounds And Started Hating Myself For It. I’ve lost a few, but gained more self-love.
7. A Foundation for People Who Hate Foundation. Enough said.
8. True Story: I Got a Colonic. Because not everybody poops.
9. Do You Give Away Your Power? Time to take it back.
10. 14 Korean Beauty Products We’re Dying to Try. K-Beauty had a major moment.