7 SIMPLE LUXURIES FOR SPRING
No one ever believes me when I tell them I’m change averse. But I am. I don’t look toward a new season with longing. Until, that is, I get my revised wardrobe, beauty, and workout routine down. This spring I have managed to pack my social AND travel calendar, leaving me with a few heart palpitations and even more reason to simplify. Here are the essentials that I have a feeling will be making recurring appearances . . .
1. Colorful Clutches. I have a collection for a reason: They can turn a simple sheath dress into something spectacular and always make my classic basics look like new. My pastel Nelle Handbag is sold out but I would kill for this graphic number from Japanese designer Tsumori Chisato.
2. Big, Gold Bracelets. Whether chain-link, chunky cuff, or stack of bangles, gold on the wrist warms up any look and makes you feel just a little bit fancier. This unexpected square version from J.Crew is on sale!
3. Daily Moisturizer w/ SPF. This time of year, everyone wants a moisturizer that does it all: hydrates, brightens, isn’t too greasy or too expensive, and provides sun protection in one fell swoop. Aveeno® Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer With SPF 15 ($15) is the multi-tasking answer.
4. Oil-Free Makeup Remover. Between my lash extensions, which can’t handle oil-based products, and the waterproof gel liners I love, very few eye-makeup removers pass the test. Neutrogena® Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover ($6) is clean + simple yet effective, taking it all off without leaving behind any greasy residue (the worst!). Plus, the blue bottle always makes me happy.
5. Sea Green Nail Polish. So this is a wild card for me. I’m normally into reds, neutrals and pale pinks, but I got a pedi with a stormy shade of green and just loved how fresh yet mod it looked with my spring-y outfits. Try Essie in Stylenomics ($8) or RGB in Fighter ($18).
6. Illuminator. Coming off of winter before you break out the full-on faux tan, skin can look really dull. A little RMS Living Luminizer ($38) on cheekbones—either under your foundation or dabbed on top anytime—instantly brightens things up. Can’t live without.
7. Pink Lipstick. Nudes are fine and all, but we’ve all got at least a few. Pale pink can be far more forgiving, not to mention fun! BeautyCounter Lip Sheer in Petal ($28) has a way of lightening up your mood and your look.
So there you have it! Spring in a nutshell. What’s on your list?
This post is sponsored by NEUTROGENA®. I only recommend products I use personally and believe will be good for my viewers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions (FTC) guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. Some of the products mentioned were provided by NEUTROGENA® for this feature. Compensation/Product for this post was provided by Aveeno®. The opinions expressed herein are mine alone and are not indicative of the opinions or positions ofAveeno®.