How to Use a Curl Rod to Create Gorgeous Waves
The second in a series of stunning (and simple!) hair tutorials featuring products from our not-so-secret obsession, Sally Beauty. Don’t miss yesterday’s post for au natural waves using nothing more than your blow dryer!
When I saw this curling wand I knew I had to talk my friend Laura into modeling her beautiful hair. She is definitely the queen of waves and I’m thrilled that she is sharing her curling tips!
1. After fully drying your hair with the Plugged In Professional Turbo Dryer ($24.99 on sale!), an ionic powerhouse that dries even my long locks in a flash, lightly spray with Zotos Professional Flawless Finisher Firm Hold Hairspray ($9.99) to prep for the curls.
2. Starting from the back and working your way toward your face, take 1 inch sections and wrap carefully around a curling rod. I love the Plugged In Tourmaline Curling Wand ($24.99 on sale!). Once you get the hang of it you’ll never use a common curling iron again! Depending on your hair length, leave 2 inches (for shorter hair) to 5 inches (for longer hair) from the base of your scalp to start curling. This will avoid the Shirley Temple look, and make for much more natural-looking curls.
3. After you finish curling, lightly spray with hairspray and let curls cool.
4. Next, use a paddle brush to gently brush out your hair. This will make them extra soft and voluminous!
5. For even more volume, use a comb such as the Tool Structure Styling Comb ($1.99) to tease hair up to 2 inches away from scalp. Spray lightly with hairspray once more to hold, and you’re ready to go!
Your turn! Over 100 styling tools are on sale at SallyBeauty.com/StylingToolsBlowout in October. Try a ‘do a day! Even better, 100 randomly selected winners will receive a Sally Beauty gift card to purchase a styling tool of their choice. Simply make a purchase in store at Sally Beauty or SallyBeauty.com using your Sally Beauty Club Card OR you can enter online at SallyBeauty.com/stylingtoolsgiveaway. Offer ends October 31, 2014.
Tomorrow we’ll wrap up our Sally Beauty hair series with a Straight and Sleek style that’s going to become your new go-to!