Beauty Juice for Hair, Skin and Nails
If you kept up with my year-long series on hair regrowth, you know that at the end of 12-months I put my faith in juicing for healthy, fast growth. I juice 3-5 times per week and alternate between Mean Green and this recipe, one of my favorites for healthy hair growth, strong nails and glowing skin.
What you Need: 5 large strawberries 2 green apples 1 large beet 1/2 or whole lemon (to taste) 1/2 inch chunk of ginger root 3 large carrots Yields 20-30 ounces of fresh juice.
What to Do: Buy organic ingredients if you can. Wash your fruits & veggies and then store in the refrigerator. Remember that your juice will be whatever temperature your produce is, so I recommend starting with chilled produce (room temperature juice is kind of unappetizing).
When you’re ready, set up your juicer. I have the Breville Juice Fountain Plus ($149).
- Start with the strawberries. Remove the green leafy part and toss them into the juicer’s chute. They can go in on low.
- Next, quarter your green apples, remove the stems and switch your juicer to ‘high’.
- Follow with the beets (stems/leaves optional).
- Do the lemon next (it will help get the beet juice out of your machine for easier clean-up)—either 1/2 or whole lemon depending on how tart you like your juice.
- Next add a chunk of ginger root. Most people start with less and add more as they get used to the spicy taste.
- End with carrots, stir, drink immediately and enjoy!
What have you been juicing lately?