How to Grow Out Your Hair Part III
A lot has happened since August! For starters, all of my hair now goes into a ponytail or a top-knot—thank god. It’s crazy how much you can miss the ability to throw your hair up. The photos can only show so much, but according to my (very scientific) measurements, my hair has grown just over 2.5 inches since August—slightly above average (most sources claim .5 inches per month is normal). These are the tips and tricks I’ve stuck to the past 3 months:
1. Biotin: 5000 mcg per day.
2. Moroccanoil shampoo, conditioner & oil therapy.
3. Aveda Invati: I use the Scalp Revitalizer daily, but I use the shampoo & conditioner 1-2 times per week.
4. Hydration. I drink at least 100 ounces of water per day.
5. Scalp Massages: I try to give myself a scalp massage at least twice per week. I usually use coconut oil or the Moroccanoil Hydrating Mask and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
I’ll be back in February to conclude one year of regrowth with a final post. Here’s hoping my hair has grown an additional four inches by then! If you’re starting the regrowth process be sure to check out the first two installments: How to Grow Out Your Hair and How to Grow Out your Hair Part II!